NFL Power Rankings: Where 49ers Stand After Loss to Chiefs initially appeared on NBC Sports Bayarea
Sunday was the proper instance when you needed a glimpse of the irregularity of the NFL within the Yr of Our Lord 2022.
You had Geno Smithit’s Seattle Seahawks beat up Justin Herbertit’s Los Angeles Chargers. Tom Brady was dominated by PJ Walker because the “aren’t they tanking?” The Panthers beat the Bucs. Oh and Taylor Heinicke made the profitable performs Aaron Rodgers couldn’t as a result of the commanders shot down the Packers.
The odd season continued Monday evening when the skidding Bears entered Gillette Stadium and gasped the patriots throughout prime time. The 33-14 victory is damaged the Bears three straight losses and may very well be the beginning of some QB drama in New England.
Here is the place every group stands with Week 7 accomplished:
32. Houston Texans (1-4-1): Hey, at the very least the Texans lastly acquired Jack Easterby out of the constructing.
31. Detroit Lions (1-5): The Lions have scored six factors of their final two video games. Dan Campbell’s operation is far farther from a return to legitimacy than we thought initially of the season.
30. Carolina Panthers (2-5): Similar to that, the Panthers are again within the NFC South race. No, it isn’t a joke. Why do you ask?
29. Denver Broncos (2-5): The Broncos have performed seven video games and scored multiple landing in one in every of them. Not less than Denver has its first decide. Oh no matter.
28. New Orleans Saints (2-5): The Saints are unhealthy and their ceiling state of affairs is dire. There is a motive Sean Payton got here out when he did.
27. Pittsburgh Steelers (2-5): The Pickett-to-Pickens connection goes to finish up being a factor for the subsequent 10 years, proper?
26. Cleveland Browns (2-5): The Browns’ try to maintain their season afloat earlier than Deshaun Watson returns fails. Who stated karma would not exist?
24. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-5): Jacksonville was 2-2 with video games in opposition to the Texans, Colts and Giants on deck. They misplaced all three. Eradicating City Meyer did not repair every part.
23. New England Patriots (3-4): Invoice Belichick may need created unnecessary QB controversy bench McJones for Bailey Zappe in opposition to the Bears. After main two landing passes, Zappe turned a pumpkin once more in opposition to the Bears. Now, there may very well be brewing points in Foxboro.
21. Indianapolis Colts (3-3-1): It is time for Matt Ryan to hold them up. The Colts are caught as a result of they can not discover a quarterback. The search continues.
20. Arizona Cardinals (3-4): DeAndre Hopkins’ return may need put the Cardinals again on monitor momentarily, however Kyler MurrayThe spat between Kliff Kingsbury and Kliff Kingsbury signifies a group on the brink.
18. Las Vegas Raiders (2-4): The Raiders got here off the mat clubbing the Texans. The trail again to .500 is obvious for silver and black. Not useless but.
17. Inexperienced Bay Packers (3-4): Aaron Rodgers is attempting to spin three straight losses earlier than a date with the Payments as an excellent factor. I am undecided whether or not to purchase it.
16. Miami Dolphins (4-3): Tua got here again and almost threw 4 interceptions (all dropped). All is just not properly in South Seashore.
15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-4): Tom Brady says retirement is just not in his future. He might wish to return. Or attempt to meander again dwelling to complete his profession within the bay.
14. Los Angeles Chargers (4-3): Keep in mind when the Chargers signed Brandon Staley over Brian Daboll? Puff.
13. San Francisco 49ers (3-4): The trade for Christian McCaffrey was an enormous wager on the genius of Kyle Shanahan. I do not hate it, however that is lots of picks to surrender for an oft-injured operating again.
12. Tennessee Titans (4-2): The Titans proceed to dominate the AFC South, a division the place solely mediocre quarterback play is required to win.
11. Seattle Seahawks (4-3): May the Seahawks be…good?
ten. New York Jets (5-2): We’ve to deal with the Jets the identical manner we deal with everybody else. In case you maintain profitable, you retain bettering.
9. Los Angeles Rams (3-3): The Rams have outbid Christian McCaffrey by rival NFC West. Would possibly they have the ability to counter by buying Bears pass-rusher Robert Quinn earlier than the deadline?
8. Baltimore Ravens (4-3): Gus Edwards returned and the Ravens resumed their ground-and-pound journey in a slender win over the Browns. John Harbaugh’s group could also be beginning to discover their type.
6. Minnesota Vikings (5-1): Because the Packers’ season swirls across the drain, the Vikings may simply be strolling towards an NFC North title.
5. New York Giants (6-1): It isn’t at all times fairly, however Brian Daboll’s Giants maintain profitable. The Giants have 5 second-half comebacks of their six wins. Coaching issues.
4. Cincinnati Bengals (4-3): It was solely a matter of time, however Joe Terrier and the Bengals offense is formally again.
2. Buffalo Tickets (5-1): After a bye, the Payments have an opportunity to drive a stake via the guts of the 2022 Packers subsequent Sunday evening. Put together for the funeral procession.
1. Philadelphia Eagles (6-0): Eagles goodbye week gave Philly sports activities followers time to benefit from the Phillies’ run on the World Sequence and ignore the truth that Daryl Morey rebuilt the 2019 Rockets within the metropolis of concord.